xHaixx Trading Journal.mp4

XOM calls
.72 → .89 ~ +21.6%
1.24 → 1.34 ~ +7%

Added LMT calls
1.65 (from yesterday) + 1.25 + 1.2 + 1 → 1.3 ~ +0.9%

XOM:
77 support + signal confirmation. Sold on a resistance level that I had at 77.8 (which later climbed to 78)
Slowly climbed up from to 77.5, signals up, what told me to buy in was when it crossed the 20 MA. Because of a strong move up like that, I knew thought it wouldn’t last long, so sold on the first red candle (about 77.8).

LMT:
Average down very cool.
Bought 2 at 389 support and another at 387.5. Set a slightly higher than average cost, wasn’t based on anything technical.

Did decently well.
Very repetitive, but this time I incorporated some TA with signals.
For LMT, could have gotten away higher, but I realized that the call that I was buying barely had any OI, so I set a lowball price to try to break even.

LFG, above 1000
yay

SPY puts
3.64 + 3.3 + 2.98 → 3.5 ~ +5.4%

Mainly based on current world tension.
A mistake on grabbing a put during the morning, when the price went back to the same levels, it was slightly lower.
Disregarding technicals = bad
Could have been much higher instead of blindly buying in

Overall a decent day

SPY puts ~ +8.8%
2.4 → 2.77
2.7 → 3.06
3.9 → 4

UNG calls ~ +15.5%
.65 → .75 + .78

Spy:
Puts did well, in and out at support and resistance lines
For the last put, not so well, even though it ended up profitable, the entry was terrible. In at 428, and saw it bounce a few times before it even went down.

UNG:
From the challenge announcement
Signals say go, but it looked like it was consolidating, so I waited until it broke upwards.

Overall, a good day.

SPY
puts
3.2 + 3 + 2.8 → 2 x 3.25 + 3.3
+8.4%

call
2.7 → 2.91
+7.3%

Entry still needs a bit of work.
Entered puts at 413, 414, 415
Sold at 413.5 - 414, and it looks like IV was elevated, else I shouldn’t have sold it higher than the put entered at 413.
Entered a call at the initial 418 rejection, which wasn’t a terrible idea, but not a good one either
My problem was that I had a resistance line drawn at 417.8, yet I didn’t wait to see how it reacted
It eventually pushed up, but I only have some idea why it did.
Could it be that the invasion is now priced in?
Or is it that Biden talking about Russia caused that rise in price?
Edit: Averaging down does help out a bit with not good entries.

OK day

CCJ calls +5.5%
1.41 + 1.39 + 1.35 → 2x 1.47 + 1.48

SPY calls +13.3%
1.8 → 1.89
2.05 ->2.5
put -12.7%
2.45 → 2.15

RSX put +30.1%
1.91 → 2.5

UNG call

CCJ:
Following the thread on the forum.
Saw that it dropped, then consolidated, then pushed up, so I bought in.
Missed my exit point, so I just decided to average down a bit.

SPY:
Had a support cloud thing around 429 area + signals, so I bought in (mostly technical, no real reason why)
In 3 minutes I was out, didn’t really trust how it was moving upwards even though a lot of bad news was coming out.
Got a put for a reason I do not know, but cut it quickly.
When I sold my put, at the same time got a call.
At this point, SPY looked like it had some strength, so it wasn’t without reason.
Out when signals reversed.

RSX:
Russia doing Russian things. Had puts in mind.
Was waiting for a top, as at the time, it was climbing.
From the challenge, Conq went in.
I waited a bit to see how it reacted, to which it climbed higher.
In when it crossed the HMA, out on the first big red wick candle at the end of the day.

UNG:
TF was talking about holding over the weekend with anticipation that RSX is going to be beaten down, while the prices of other stuffs are going to go up.
There is no certainty in this, as anything can happen during the weekends, so I went in with a small position.

Edit: Added adjusted P/L

wowzers

UNG call ~ -9.4%
.56 (from previous) → .52

SPY call ~ +7.4%
1.57 → 1.7

RSX puts ~ +20.4%
bought at 1.85 + 2.15 + 1.9 + 1.9
sold at 2.35 + 2.17 + 2.5 + 2.55
holding at 2

UNG:
Turns out the gamble didn’t work. It rarely moved by the time that I sold it.

SPY:
Looked like double bottom with the opening price (about 432.25). Waited for my signals to buy.
Out when it hit 433, which is a bad move because there was nothing indicating that SPY was losing steam + signals didn’t say sell.

RSX:
Bought each put around 12. Waited for a push upwards to buy-in.
Lots o news but it resisted falling.
Slowly sold out to lock in profits as well as to avoid holding a too big position overnight.
Dem server plays scarring, played this safer = covered cost basis.
Such as if for some weird reason RSX rockets up, and my put goes to 0, I’d still be up a bit.

kekrs

Got consecutive greens in a row, so I’m trying to not be emotional and lose all of it.

RSX puts ~ +41.6%
2 (from previous) → 3.1
1.7x2 + 1.65 → 2.2 + 2.35 + 2.4
holding a put at 1.75

SPY puts ~ +3.8%
2.9 + 2.8 +2.5 → 2.85x3

RSX:
Sold the put at open - following the golden rule of gaps
At the pushup, bought some more puts because the reasoning still holds.
Set alerts and forgot about it until the end of the day, which I sold all but one (again) to reduce risk overnight.

SPY:
Shown is a channel that I thought SPY was following
In the beginning, I thought it broke out of the channel, so I bought some puts.
It was wrong, but I thought that if it still followed the channel then it would be OK.
When it went to the top of the channel, waited a bit then averaged down on puts.
Out when it hit the bottom of the channel.

yogurt day

% is only adjusted and realized

RSX puts ~ +30.4%
1.75 (from previous) → 3.3
1.6 x4 → 1.85 x4
holding an average of 0.7625 x8

SPY calls ~ +3.3%
1.58 + 1.5 → 1.6 x2

RSX:
Slept through the morning so I missed my exit point, so I held it and sold at the dip towards the end of the day.
When it climbed back to the previous day’s end-day consolidation, I loaded up on some puts.
Sold some at the dip at the end of the day and held the rest.

SPY:
In at 432 (it couldn’t break past this support), out at 433 (it hit VWAP and it looked like it was going to go back down to 432)

Note: The position that I am holding overnight is not too big, but since it is a lot more contracts, P/L moves a lot faster.

Thai Beef Bowl

RSX puts ~ +40%
0.7625 x6 (from previous) → 1.15 x6 + 1.3 x2
1.5 x2 → 1.7 x2
holding 1.46 x2

CCJ call ~ +6.2%
0.59 → 0.64

SPY calls ~ -10%
1.38 → 1.44
3.48 + 3.19 → 2.91 x2

USO call
holding 4.0

Not much reflection other than:
Mess up on SPY, which I could have sold earlier or held longer, whichever one
Powpow came out and talked, which I didn’t know about
If I knew about it, I probably would have stepped back from SPY
For CCJ, I saw an ascending triangle, plus the fact that uranium is being affected by the tension thingy, I saw an opportunity to buy. However, CCJ didn’t react the way I wanted, so I sold it immediately.
USO and RSX: tension thingy

Barbeque Ribs very cool

Edit: Added P/L

1 Like

I’m tired so this is gonna be quick

sold USO call from yesterday from 4 ->5.5 ~ +37.1%

WEAT calls ~ +8.8%
2.2 + 2.05 → 2.3 +2.35

SPY put ~ -8.6%
1.66 → 1.53

SPY call ~ -7.1%
1.59 → 1.49

WEAT put ~ -6.8%
1.65 → 1.55

WEAT call ~ +6.3%
2 + 2 + 1.5 + 1.55 + 1.35 + 1.4 → 1.75 x6

holding WEAT 2x call @ 1.7

When I get one side wrong, I shouldn’t quickly sell and try to play the other side.
That is just FOMOing at that point

TUNA

USO call: ~ +5.3%
4.0 → 4.4
4.95 → 5.05

WFC calls: ~ -15.2%
2x 3.25 → 2x 2.78
2x 1.42 (holding)

WEAT calls: ~ +16%
2x 1.7 (prev) → 2x 2.0
2x 1.75 (holding)

CORN call
1.4 (holding)

USO did well, especially with the rising oil prices, I was someone confident in this one.
Saw that it was consolidating and didn’t go down further, so I entered a call.
The 2nd call was kinda a mess up but I was going to hold it anyways, so I didn’t bother cutting it.
Bought the 2nd call at the peak at 82, and held through the drop to 78. But when it hit 83 point something, I profited.

WFC call:
Another mess up, in which I should’ve waited for a consolidation/bottom before buying. Bought while it was going up, then it started going down, which then I took the loss.
Then entered again, because I still think that it is going to go up. Just repositioning with a smaller position.

WEAT calls:
ILY
I read about the ceiling, and after it unhalted, it spiked, but couldn’t go any higher. Tried to sell but for some reason it didn’t, so I settled for a lower price.
Entered again when it dropped because the overall situation on wheat hasn’t changed.

CORN, like WEAT

I realize that this is a special situation because of the Russia Ukraine thing, however, when is there NOT a special situation. It is just whether I see it or not. Even if I don’t, there will definitely be someone out there that will see this as an opportunity.

Still a green day even with that decent size loss
Stir-fried Noodles

WEAT calls (holding)
2x 1.75 (previous) + 3x 1.55 + 1.4 + 1.29 + 1.1

COP calls ~ +11.3%
2.3 → 2.8
2.75 → 2.85

SCO calls ~ 9.7%
.59 + .57 → 2x .65

GLD call ~ +16.2%
3.0 → 3.5

WFC call ~ +32.7%
2x 1.42 (previous) → 2x 1.9

CORN call ~ -28.7%
1.4 (previous) → 1.01

Averaged down on WEAT, maybe an overreaction?
COP because of energy. Thought it was lagging even though a lot of energy stuff is up. From someone on TF.
SCO because TF said oil may be a bit too high? Though, could’ve held it a bit longer because apparently, Prezzy said something that cause oil to drop.
GLD, because was reading forums and gold, looked alright. Only bought in when the morning rise stopped and GLD dropped a bit.
WFC was from yesterday, turned out to be correct. Made back all the losses and more.
CORN, very much not like WEAT

Realized, up
Unrealized, down
IDK

more WEAT calls
0.9 + 0.85 + 0.57 + 0.57

ADM calls

2.4 2.92
2.4 2.6

WEAT:
more averaging down…

ADM:
I believed that nano and thots called this out. What I saw was a heavy selling volume, then a lot of wicks as well as the price not moving down anymore, so I bought. I saw on the MACD that it was losing strength and it was near a support/resistance line that was drawn, so I sold.
When it dropped to another support/resistance line, I waited to see how it reacted. Under the assumption that it was going to try to go up again, I got a call and exited on the first red candle.

Didn’t really trade too much today, didn’t want to lose my cash.

Realized up
Unrealized down

fried chicken

out of WEAT calls @ 0.45

Wiped out WEAT gains and some, but still up overall

Stopped trading because

1. That was a big loss, wasn’t sure if I could think rationally
  2. TOS is broken/laggy?
    Charts were lagging and prices weren’t updating properly
    Only thing that changed is that I updated my graphics card…
    Tried rolling back, but for some reason it is still lagging…

ADM calls ~ -28.3%

buy sell
1.1 0.7
0.95 0.7
0.83 0.7

SBUX puts ~ +149.2%

buy sell
0.4 1.02
0.72 holding…

FDX call

buy sell
1.5 holding…

SOFI CSP

buy sell
holding… 0.25

ADM gapped up, then it started dropping.
I thought that maybe it could keep up the momentum and bought in at a support area.
Then it started dropping, then averaging down, then a slow climb back up.
Turns out, that even though I picked the option with relatively high OI, the option price never changed even though it climbed back up. The drop in the option price is likely IV, as it stabilizes the rest of the day.

SBUX grabbed my attention when thots posted the safe earnings play. My plan was to play on the IV and it turns out that others have bought puts. Maybe they knew something? During the day, starbux was on a down trend so I bought puts as well. I then bought a second put to try to get one of the puts to ride free.

FDX, I don’t remember the reason, but I know that it was talked about in TF.

SOFI. Trying the thing

'Twas a day of breaking even

I had a fish today.

So doing the chart format on discourse is kinda wonky…

ZIM call: ~ +7.5%

FDX calls: ~ +5.7%

TQQQ puts: ~ +9%

SBUX put: ~ +189.5%

ZIM
The idea was that everyone is playing for the dividend, which means that there is still a likely chance that it was going to go up. Noticed a channel, bought at the bottom, and out when it broke out of the channel.

FDX
Was playing the IV, however, it dropped in price even though the price stayed relatively the same.
So when it dipped, averaged down, then sold when it climbed back.

TQQQ
Could be wrong, but I believe China tech is affecting this.

SBUX
Because this was “free”, was going to ride this along. But since, this was up so much, I decided to secure profits.

Only thing that is currently dragging me down is the SOFI CSP
But overall, a nice day.

FXI puts: ~ +9%
Reasoning was that China would be facing issues. Played the morning drop in price.
I thought that it still had room to fall, so I bought in again. Through out the day, it looked like it was following SPY.

AMC puts: ~ +3.7%
In and out with some gains. Towards the middle of the day, following SPY as well.

Could not understand why towards the end of the day SPY brought everything up.
As far as I can see, there wasn’t really any note worthy news that would rally everything up that hard.

Overall, realized gains, and hoping that everything is dragged back down to lower my unrealized losses.

I haven’t really traded too much

Not today:
Had to cut FXI puts at 50% loss
Grabbed one FXI call for 20%
Repositioned AMC
Grabbed a BNO call

Today:
The SOFI CSP expired OTM (yay)
so I grabbed another one
Played some QQQ for 24%
Cut BNO, even though it was moved up and down, the option prices didn’t move at all.

RIP RSX puts

AMC puts ~ -31.3%
Out of AMC puts when it dropped, wanted out since it was quite far away from when I initially bought in.
Even though it ended up at a 30% loss, according to TD, it says the P/L Open was only 16$, or only 6%, soo… idk

SPY call ~ +19.8%
Kind of a continuation of last week, from the morning, it shot up really quick, then dropped
Was watching and planning on going for a longish call, but since the selling pressure weakened around 443, I bought in. It then started ranging around 445 and 446, but with the fed talk coming about, I looked, was satisfied, and didn’t want to risk 20% gains

HYMC put ~ +6.9%
Held kinda long, catalyst already passed, missed the time to sell at 1.45 because I was focusing more on SPY and AMC, so when Conq sold his, I considered selling as well, especially since it looked like it was about to go up.

Surprisingly, ended the day off green, maybe up like 2% or something.

BNO call
oil

SPY calls ~ +5.8%
went strong, but the mid-day movement spooked me

SPY puts
talks of powow 'n inflation

kinda down on the day, the unclosed positions are down a bit