AMC - Watching out for 1 final Bounce / Double Bottom

And leadership is selling more shares lmao. I might grab some puts on a peak soon

3 Likes

Are you talking about Adam Aaron? His latest tweet says his selling is complete.
https://mobile.twitter.com/CEOAdam/status/1481384780440682499

Not doubting the bearishness of news of leadership selling, just curious how this will affect sentiment if the selling is now complete.

I’ll check the filings for the others but yes this will continue to kill amc, bearish. It wasn’t just him recently selling.

1 Like

I just looked at the filings. It was him and two others, with most going down a week ago and the most recent was the 10th. I can’t speak for the others, but I know AA stated a while back he would be selling shares for future estate planning purposes.

I know ceo promised not to dilute in 2021 and was very clear on that point. Now that the year is over I wouldn’t be surprised to see dilution in the coming months to raise capital. I would be careful with any long positions. Might even start to look at further out puts, I don’t think the price will remain in the 20s for much longer

Wouldn’t share offerings need shareholder approval? I can’t see the apes going for that.

I could be wrong but I believe they already had approval to do so from an agreement made before the whole “ape” frenzy started. If not I can definitely see the ceo pushing for approval of more shares soon. I don’t see how else they are going to turn profitable especially if the nft and popcorn sales don’t pan out like most hope.

1 Like

I’ll have to find the figures, but anecdotally, I recall, he already utilized the remaining shares he had in his back pocket from approval before the ape frenzy. I can look more into that when I’m at a computer.

Here you go, chief. Fintel data…

AMC Insider Sales list.

AMC (and most other stocks with good sentiment that were beaten down) has broken out of the descending trend…

I was looking for it to touch 12 first before poking upwards.
With mask mandates being lifted up, we should see a continuation of this bullish reversal until ER.
The question is, how much of an upside move it will be?

They also hired a new VP for the popcorn side of the business…

https://twitter.com/CEOAdam/status/1491445977131229191

Should AMC hit 20 before ER hour, I will be straddling it like my favorite bitch.

5 Likes

I like this range and volatility with AMC.
It will either try for 20 again soon, or fall further back down to 16.
So I’m taking a straddle on the 18.5 strike with Feb18 opex.

Only looking for 15% gain.

Will actively monitor this again towards ER in March.

1 Like

Took the same position Rexx, let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

Hell im in lets see what happens.

Any change in perspective after how we closed? I see an inverted hammer on the daily if that means anything.

1 Like

AMC and most meme stocks are following SPY exactly thus far.

No change so far.
Anywhere near 20 and I’ll be exiting, same goes for 16.
I’ll just set a Limit Sell tomorrow and/or Monday for that 15% gain.

3 Likes

Update on my thoughts posted above in main body.
Dr. Strange 2 trailer included. Daym is it good.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates. Still watching this.

1 Like

It seems AMC will try to break out of this short descending triangle again today…

The bigger wedge is that resistance of 21, which I think may be broken before or after their March ER.

AMC’s Weekly chart is finally starting to max out on the low end…

Can things get lower? For sure.
Will it go lower soon? Probably.
But, the RSI is almost at rock bottom 30 (I’d love to see it go even lower than that first, tbh).
BB %b has been touching the bottom end for some weeks now.
And the MACD lines might just decide to touch soon.

I personally think we’ll see bigger bullish movement post Dr. Strange 2’s showing.
What we want to read is multiple box office numbers breaking records or near the top ticket sellers.

If you’re bearish, I’d start monitoring ticket sales, to help advice your exits.
If you’re planning to play the summer leaps, this isn’t a bad place to start looking for entries.

Based on what I’m seeing, I think AMC will break this resistance line of 21, and get rejected at 25…

It can possibly go back down 13-15 after that.
From there on, we should see the new accumulation floor.
The high price to reach this year will be 42.99, high price to beat is 33.92.

Latest News:

5 Likes