Announcing... another Chat?

Discourse has recently released a PRE-ALPHA (whatever that means, sounds dope though) Chat plugin. What I’m pumped about is that it gives a way to discuss plays that allows users to move their messages to a thread easily. What I’m currently envisioning for the usage is legitimately for strict DD conversation, whereas Discord is more casual.

Chat is currently enabled on the #analysis-due-diligence category and can be opened by clicking the “Open Chat” button on the main category page:

This plugin is still being tested, so it likely doesn’t work 100% across all devices, etc. But I figured we’d give it a spin ourselves that way it’s worked in when it makes it eventual real debut.

When chatting, if you’d like to move a message to a thread you highlight the message and select the “Move to Topic” button and confirm by clicking the blue “Move to Topic” button that appears:

Then you’re given several options on where to move the message to:

This looks to be Discourse’s attempt to take a run at Discord and Slack so I’m hopeful that when it’s fully fleshed out, it may serve as a replacement for Discord in the future (especially since it’s Open Source and therefore expandable by our team of talented @Architects)

Good luck this week, more coming very soon.

3 Likes

epic. maybe this could be the return of spy chat that we all were longing for? looking forward to see how its used.

3 Likes

Absolutely could be.

1 Like

Adding to this, chats can also be enabled for specific threads, for instance I’ve enabled it for the Earnings Brainstorm thread:

1 Like

There are notifications, they just aren’t enabled by default.

2 Likes