Apple WWDC June 5 - VR/AR & AI?

Apple has their WWDC starting on June 5.

Most of the rumors circulating suggest they’ll be making announcements about new MacBooks, new AR/VR gear, and new software updates.

However, given the current hype and bandwagon-ing around AI, I’m wondering if Apple will come out with a surprise announcement that they’re working on AI stuff too. For example, a ChatGPT-integrated Siri.
If Apple does announce AI features, it could be similar to an earnings play.

I’ve already closed out my AAPL covered call in anticipation of this.

Would’ve like to post this under <#1110679895685742743> but guess that’s not ready.

It was mentioned in trading floor earlier that this coincides with the deadline date Yellen gave for the debt ceiling being raised. I would presume that the potential resolution would affect the market more than this catalyst, especially given that this conference would start in the middle of the trading day.
If a deal is signed it’s a question of how fast liquidity would dry up (which is something I have to go back and reread as I may not have understood it properly) but deffo think that ceiling resolution would set the trend for the day and potentially reduce the impact this conference has.

2 Likes