BODY - Possible Earnings Play? More research needed

Ticker: BODY
Getting a thread started for discussion on this. Earnings are Monday 11/15 After hours. Looking to find out if Puts or calls are in order.

It reached a low of Oct 25th of 4.75 and is there again now. The $5 call option for the 19th is pretty cheap currently.

Earnings will be reported after market close on the 15th (source)

Previous earnings since it de-spac (HERE)

Their reasoning for missing earnings last time (Source)

“However, the delay in closing our business combination resulted in us deferring $12 million of media investments and postponing the launch of the MYX bike within our coach ecosystem until the second half of the year,” she added. “Moving forward, we are well-positioned to execute on our strategic objectives with over $347 million of cash on our balance sheet, a decision to ramp up connected fitness unit projections, and increase media investment by an incremental $33 million in the second half of 2021 compared to previous forecasts.”

Released MYX bike

Released BODI (Live and on-demand classes)

3 Likes

I’m a BODY-bag holder so it excited me to see this thread.

One negative of this stock is they have a small component of their overall business that a lot of people consider MLM and cultish. You can see the negative sentiment in almost any reddit thread about BODY.

Another is that it’s considered a Covid stock as it’s lumped in as a PTON competitor. Although there is crossover, I think BODY generates revenue in multiple ways, some of this PTON does not.

For better or for worse this has been on WSB radar before.

Positives:

Shaq was on the SPAC board for FRX and is also a shareholder. There are also Lebron connections through other companies.

They also merged and acquired Myx fitness during the SPAC merger. I think people forget it was a triple merger.

1 Like