Centamin - Gold Miner finds 2.15M ounces of gold in Africa

Centamin (**LSE:CEY,TSX:CEE)

I stumbled upon some news related to this company finding 2.15M ounces of gold in Burkina Faso.
I saw it in a meme post making fun of the region’s name where the gold was found, as it sounded funny in portuguese, but then I thought that some of you guys could find this news finding something interesting to consider.
I haven’t done any research on the company, neither I’m saying it’s a no brainer investment, considering that the stock price has been declining over the last years.

Centamin Presentation for Investors

Accesswire

Mining Review

1 Like

Do you know when the find was? I’m not finding any news articles on it.

And it’s a fuckin pink sheet. That amount of gold is worth like 2x their market cap

1 Like

I also tried to search more concrete news mentioning the finding but the only place I saw references to the gold in Burkina Faso was on the document I left on the list, on page 4, that mentioned Batie West as a 380km/² area.
In the meantime I’m trying to know if that poster had some kind of insider information or if it’s just a troll.

Meanwhile, I found two different websites mentioning it, in case you want to give it a look.
Maybe the fact that the company is small might make it harder to find a significant number of articles.

Accesswire
Mining Review