Much to the displeasure of some people Valhalla enjoys having fun occasionally. With the addition of role voting giving the community the ability to vote members into the dunce cap, it’s become clear that shit is funny as fuck. Therefore I think it might be a good idea to add some additional “cosmetic” roles that people can be voted into to either make people feel good or the more engrained Valhalla tradition of exercising passive aggression.
So if you have an idea post it here. Otherwise feel free to ignore this dev thread like the majority of other threads are ignored so we just continually rack up topics in which I’m talking to myself and I’ll just do whatever the fuck I want anyway
I guess to pointlessly further clarify. The roles can be general like the dunce caps where they can be given to anyone and we can also do unique roles where only one person has it at a time.
2022 player hater of the year
“Callout of the Day” Crown/award emoji for a great callout. Reset every morning?
The Humphrey Bogart - When a member hogs the trading floor for too long talking
Paper Hands - When a member consistently exercises self control (lack there of?) in their positions postings
Bear shitting in forest - For those perma-bears
Bull-shitter - For those perma-bulls
The Vuru - When a member shares their wealth of knowledge for others to benefit from
Can we finally have a cock measuring contest and winner becomes “King Cock”
Can we have a stock “Wizard” role and just give it to @The_Ni ? Thanks
Along with dunce there should be a Chaum role, king of dunces
Tin Foil Crown - When someone preaches ‘far out’ theories
Alright so as it stands I’ll be looking to implement:
- Tinfoil Hat - (from @25 and @DankeDeNada) will be implemented as a “unique” role so that it gets passed around. Given to someone talking about conspiracy theories.
- Play of the Day - (from @dibbles) unique role that resets daily. Obvious.
- Stage Hook - (from @DankeDeNada) unique role that mutes the user for 1min. Given to someone droning on about something for too long.
- Dick - unique role given to someone when they’re being a dick
- Simp - unique role given to someone that’s simping
- Chaum - unique role given to someone that’s being super retarded and aggressive.
- Educator - role for someone who frequently helps educate the community
- Finance Expert - someone with an expert level knowledge of finance
- BioTech Expert - someone with an expert level knowledge of biotech/medical
- Legal Expert - someone with an expert level knowledge of legal
I’m going to avoid the bull and bear roles for now because I think it drives too much division in the community. When the market is down it can lend perceived credibility to the voted “bear god” or “bull god” and that’s something we should avoid.
If anyone wants to further build off these ideas after seeing this list feel free to add more ideas to the topic.
Sexe-haver role please. For when someone has a lot of sexe and makes it known
Some kind of Contributer/Community Friend type role? For those that bring good ideas or help to the community but are still beginner-to-intermediate traders that don’t quite fit the Hero role
“You tried” role (joke-y role, but could just make someone feel worse…have to think about that one)
“I tried to time a reversal and all I got was this name color” (another joke one that probably needs more thought, this and You Tried might be a bit aggressive for some)
Finally, speaking from my own experiences with I think almost getting kicked the f out of the server: Emo role, for when someone is not taking their losses (or wins) graciously.
I’ll make it a point to talk about my sexual escapades more often
Honestly this is kinda what the Hero role is currently used for. We at one point made the ascending role for this purpose but it kinda just became a catch-all too.
Valhalla definitely needs a better system for it’s “credibility” scale and I think the voting takes us in that direction, but we definitely need greater clarification on why each role should be given.