Earnings 3/6/23-3/10/23

Details

CrowdStrike is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for CrowdStrike, Inc.CrowdStrike (CRWD) is confirmed to report earnings on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at approximately 4:05 PM ET. The consensus earnings estimate is $0.43 per share on revenue of $625.00 million, respresenting 45.0% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is $0.45 per share. The company’s guidance was for earnings of $0.42 to $0.45 per share on revenue of $619.10 million to $628.20 million. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 77.0% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 16.0% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted higher by 12.2% from its open following the earnings release to be 15.4% below its 200 day moving average of $149.05. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 11.4% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 7.9% move in recent quarters.

Sea Limited is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for Sea LimitedSea Limited (SE) is confirmed to report earnings on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at approximately 6:30 AM ET. The consensus estimate is a loss of $0.78 per share on revenue of $3.12 billion, respresenting 99.2% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is a loss of $0.68 per share. Investors are bearish going into the company’s earnings release but with 69.2% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 11.4% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted higher by 17.9% from its open following the earnings release to be 1.5% above its 200 day moving average of $64.67. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 13.8% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 14.5% move in recent quarters.

Ciena is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for Ciena CorporationCiena (CIEN) is confirmed to report earnings on Monday, March 6, 2023 at approximately 7:00 AM ET. The consensus earnings estimate is $0.36 per share on revenue of $959.40 million, respresenting 13.6% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is $0.39 per share. The company’s guidance was for revenue of $910.00 million to $990.00 million. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 61.6% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 7.6% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted lower by 2.8% from its open following the earnings release to be 3.9% above its 200 day moving average of $47.23. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied lower since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 12.7% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 10.2% move in recent quarters.

DICK’S Sporting Goods is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for DICK'S Sporting Goods, Inc.DICK’S Sporting Goods (DKS) is confirmed to report earnings on Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at approximately 7:30 AM ET. The consensus earnings estimate is $2.86 per share on revenue of $3.44 billion, respresenting 2.6% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is $2.94 per share. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 58.4% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 28.7% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted higher by 22.8% from its open following the earnings release to be 23.7% above its 200 day moving average of $106.79. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 9.4% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 6.7% move in recent quarters.

JD.com is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for JD.com, Inc.JD.com (JD) is confirmed to report earnings on Thursday, March 9, 2023 at approximately 5:15 AM ET. The consensus earnings estimate is $0.51 per share on revenue of $43.05 billion, a decline of 0.6% year-over-year, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is $0.55 per share. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 66.7% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 34.2% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted lower by 19.1% from its open following the earnings release to be 14.9% below its 200 day moving average of $55.77. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 7.1% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 5.9% move in recent quarters.

Azul S.A. is Scheduled to Report on Monday, March 6, 2023

Logo for Azul S.A.Azul S.A. (AZUL) is confirmed to report earnings on Monday, March 6, 2023 at approximately 0:00 AM ET. The consensus estimate is a loss of $0.26 per share on revenue of $895.55 million, respresenting 34.0% year-over-year revenue growth. Investors are bearish going into the company’s earnings release but with 63.2% expecting a beat. Short interest has increased by 41.0% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted lower by 47.6% from its open following the earnings release to be 49.5% below its 200 day moving average of $8.23. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. and the stock has averaged a 8.5% move in recent quarters.

Biodesix is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for Biodesix, Inc.Biodesix (BDSX) is confirmed to report earnings on Monday, March 6, 2023 at approximately 6:00 AM ET. The consensus estimate is a loss of $0.26 per share on revenue of $10.77 million, respresenting 49.1% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is a loss of $0.25 per share. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 51.9% expecting a beat. Short interest has increased by 17.1% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted higher by 94.2% from its open following the earnings release to be 11.5% above its 200 day moving average of $1.79. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. The stock has averaged a 9.1% move in recent quarters.

ULTA Beauty is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for ULTA BeautyULTA Beauty (ULTA) is confirmed to report earnings on Thursday, March 9, 2023 at approximately 4:05 PM ET. The consensus earnings estimate is $5.53 per share on revenue of $3.01 billion, respresenting 10.3% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is $5.87 per share. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 65.8% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 16.1% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted higher by 11.8% from its open following the earnings release to be 21.2% above its 200 day moving average of $430.62. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 7.0% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 3.2% move in recent quarters.

DocuSign is Expected to Beat Estimates

Logo for DocuSignDocuSign (DOCU) is confirmed to report earnings on Thursday, March 9, 2023 at approximately 4:05 PM ET. The consensus earnings estimate is $0.52 per share on revenue of $632.78 million, respresenting 8.9% year-over-year revenue growth, and the Earnings Whisper ® number is $0.57 per share. The company’s guidance was for revenue of $637.00 million to $641.00 million. Investors are bearish going into the company’s earnings release but with 62.2% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 13.4% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted higher by 36.9% from its open following the earnings release to be 10.0% above its 200 day moving average of $59.18. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied higher since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 13.3% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 19.2% move in recent quarters.

Lordstown Motors is Scheduled to Report on Monday, March 6, 2023

Logo for Lordstown Motors Corp.Lordstown Motors (RIDE) is confirmed to report earnings on Monday, March 6, 2023 at approximately 6:00 AM ET. The consensus estimate is a loss of $0.26 per share on revenue of $1.29 million. Investors are bearish going into the company’s earnings release but with 30.9% expecting a beat. Short interest has decreased by 7.8% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted lower by 50.8% from its open following the earnings release to be 47.3% below its 200 day moving average of $2.12. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied lower since the company’s last earnings release. and the stock has averaged a 9.0% move in recent quarters.

Bakkt Holdings is Scheduled to Report on Thursday, March 9, 2023

Logo for Bakkt Holdings Incafter the market closes. The consensus estimate is a loss of $0.21 per share on revenue of $15.88 million. Investors are bullish going into the company’s earnings release with 50.0% expecting a beat. Short interest has increased by 4.5% since the company’s last earnings release while the stock has drifted lower by 23.8% from its open following the earnings release to be 44.4% below its 200 day moving average of $2.48. Overall earnings estimates have been revsied lower since the company’s last earnings release. Option Traders are pricing in a 28.6% move on earnings and the stock has averaged a 14.3% move in recent quarters.

1 Like

Wanted to touch on a few things here. Firstly, I think I’m now back to fully staffed as I was down a manager and several sales people which has made life a little difficult for me. So should be able to get back to contributing here more substantially other than watchlist updates. Would like to have context to the watchlist.

We have some really good ones the last couple weeks I’ve missed and regretted and played some I haven’t been able to post. FSLR was a big one. Has ran for better part of the last week. Green almost every single day.

But really wanted to talk about not what we missed but this weeks action. And some of the importance of watching these play out. Last week we saw OKTA and CRM print well and run in AH then from open for most of the day they bled off. I mentioned to JB several times in convos. The pre market prints are the ones that seem to run the most during market hours the ones that run in AH and continue into open more often than not seem to slowly bleed throughout the day. OKTA would have been a great swing it’s not really stopped since the day it sold off from open. Proving the opportunity to ride the wave down from sell off and entry into the following weeks calls would have paid big time.

Now to current plays. DKS report this AM was really really good I read it before open but my hesitance as always was it’s really freaking high. But watching it all premarket and all morning. It was very resistant to the market. Also was leery as their call was at 10 same time JPOW was scheduled to talk. Reading that they upped their Divi by over 100 percent and payment for shareholders of record on 17th made me look at next weeks similar to ZIM divi runs we have played. Also as I’m now over a year into watching these ER plays every single day DKS for 4 quarters straight has been a good play. Once I saw the SPY drop at 10 and DKS literally not move if anything still was trekking up is when I decided to enter. This is the solid divergence that I always like to see. Most of the time it happens on premarket news drops. The second thing I was thinking here is hindsight kind of because I wish I would have got in earlier. Is if the company continues to print and guide up and are showing growth we shouldn’t be scared of them setting ATH eventually ever successful company breaks its highs. Looking at their earnings PTs etc. if it warrants it they will go up. Best part is there isn’t bagholders looking to unload there.

I’m still in DKS 150s for next week. But to tomorrow I’m watching CASY they were largely expected to miss and had estimates lowered by analysts recently and solidly crushed it on growth from in store sales. Last quarter this one ran all freaking day. It’s not really an after hours mover. Also trading about 20 dollars below where they were last report and 70 dollars below current PTs. March 17th options so potential for a good swing. Hope to be able to keep up with this more going forward. Thanks for keeping up with posting this thread.

3 Likes

CPB beat EPS and Sales up. Also upped their guidance. Could run today.

SEAS from yesterday PTs coming in 80 to 88 currently at 64

TCOM also from yesterday PTs 43 to 55 currently at 38

Also keeping an eye on MAXN missed but gave first quarter guidance to the positive running a low volume but FSLR ran for days in this segment

MDB beat but guided real weak. Not touching this because it seems like one of those where the drop prices in the guide. If anything I’ll watch for it to find support or if it’s recovering premarket.

In the morning we have some good ones. I have JD PSFE BJ and BBW on my watch list. BBW already has reported they will pay special Divi of 1.50 payable april 6th. I’d expect a good print on that news. As it sits right now that’s a 6 percent return on the current share price. Could run with this and a good report. BJs if I remember right died all day after a good print and then ran after. Will try to update in AM