Goodyear tire $GT unusual call activity for 7/15 expiry

This caught my interest:

“I’ve been researching $GT Goodyear Tire quite a bit lately after it’s over reaction in February when the stock dropped by almost 30%. On Friday, 4/1, there was a block of 4,000 calls bought at $18 strike with 7/15 expiration. That’s about a 25% premium to yesterday’s close.”

2 Likes

Interesting, just grabbed some of those for a .35 fill.

1 Like

I’ve always had good luck following these big OI increases, trying to get a fill for those strikes at .30

1 Like

The $17’s are also fairly cheap at $0.40 same expiry. I put in an order for a handful of those.

1 Like

I put in for 1X @ .30 just to join the crowd if it fills (well within my start it on fire fund)

Could be a earnings - run play - as they are “Expected Apr 29, Pre-Market”

2 Likes

The volume on these is not very good. 3 volume for the $17’s, less than 200 for the $18s

Some Earnings Info from - Zack’s

Goodyear will be looking to display strength as it nears its next earnings release. The company is expected to report EPS of $0.26, down 39.53% from the prior-year quarter. Meanwhile, our latest consensus estimate is calling for revenue of $4.89 billion, up 39.37% from the prior-year quarter.

Looking at the full year, our Zacks Consensus Estimates suggest analysts are expecting earnings of $2.48 per share and revenue of $20.61 billion. These totals would mark changes of +18.66% and +17.94%, respectively, from last year.

2 Likes