GSK ...A pharm co with 100% success rate in a cancer treatment trial

So the story goes, no pharm co will ever produce an actual cure for cancer… Do we have a black sheep about to disrupt this age old adage??? Would love if any of our pharmacy pros in the server had any thoughts on this…

Every patient in this experimental drug trial saw their cancer disappear, researchers say

“They were given six months of treatment with an immunotherapy drug called dostarlimab, from the pharmaceutical company GlaxoSmithKline, which helped fund the research. The cancer vanished in every single one of them — undetectable by physical exam, endoscopy, PET scans or MRI scans, the researchers said.”

This seems like an op to buy in low, but these drugs tend to take years to roll out to the public. I’d imagine there is going to be a more rigorous trial next after passing this one with flying colors (and then more after that I presume).

$GSK is a a healthcare company, which engages in the research, development, and manufacture of pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. It operates through the following segments: Pharmaceuticals; Pharmaceuticals R&D; Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. The Pharmaceuticals segment focuses on developing medicines in respiratory and infectious diseases, oncology, and immuno-inflammation. The Pharmaceuticals R&D segment focuses on science related to the immune system, the use of human genetics and advanced technologies, and is driven by the multiplier effect of Science x Technology x Culture. The Vaccines segment produces pediatric and adult vaccines to prevent a range of infectious diseases including, hepatitis A and B, diphtheria, tetanus and whooping cough, measles, mumps and rubella, polio, typhoid, influenza, and bacterial meningitis. The Consumer Healthcare segment develops and markets brands in the oral health, pain relief, respiratory, nutrition and gastro intestinal, and skin health categories. The company was founded in 1715 and is headquartered in Middlesex, the United Kingdom. #gsk

This monoclonal antibody is currently in several trials at different stages. The receptor it targets (anti-PD-1) is not anything new, but it’s efficacy may be better.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. A cursory look makes it seem promising , but I’m always skeptical so I will have to do some research on PubMed regarding this drug.

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/intervention/dostarlimab

https://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?cond=dostarlimab&term=&cntry=&state=&city=&dist=

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to check this out and please do report back if you uncover any findings or updates!