I HAVE SPACIAL NEEDS - A general discussion thread for spac related plays

Let’s use this thread to discuss upcoming spac mergers, catalysts, low float pumps, spac warrants, pipe unlocks and swing plays related to spacs.

Starting off for the week of August 15th:
August 15th - BWAC Extension Vote
This play was a complete flop. Only ~2.8 million shares redeemed with around 4.2 million left. We need to look into why the redemptions came in so low.

August 18th - DNAA & Akili Merger Vote
Possible low float play. Let’s be on the lookout for the redemption numbers. Somewhat of a binary play → Redemptions high = pump & Redemptions low = dump (usually). New ticker will be $AKLI

August 18th - SLCR & Tim Horton’s China Merger Vote
Possible low float play. Let’s be on the lookout for the redemption numbers. Somewhat of a binary play → Redemptions high = pump & Redemptions low = dump (usually). New ticker will be $THCH

August 19th - GIW Deadline Extension Vote
No options on this one so an ESSC/THCA setup not possible. That being said, there’s usually a mini-pump when redemption numbers are released and they’re high.

August 22nd - ESSC Deadline Extension Vote
Can lightning strike thrice? Will we finally see high redemptions on the OG play? Will we get sea ottered? Stay tuned and read the filings to find out.

August 22nd - SWAG & Nogin Merger Vote
Possible low float play. Let’s be on the lookout for the redemption numbers. Somewhat of a binary play → Redemptions high = pump & Redemptions low = dump (usually). New ticker will be $NOGN
74.6% redemptions. Float is too high

August 25th - RVAC - Merger with Westrock Coffee
Possible low float play similar to DNAA/AKLI. Let’s be on the lookout for the redemption numbers. New ticker will be $WEST

August 26th - ISLE Deadline Extension Vote
No options on this one so an ESSC/THCA setup not possible. That being said, there’s usually a mini-pump when redemption numbers are released and they’re high.
This SPAC is liquidating

August 31st - WARR Deadline Extension Vote
NAV: $10.01
Float: 27.6M (27,600,000)

They are adding money to the trust in the lesser of $110,000 or $.04 per share monthly. This comes out to $0.00398550724 or ~4/10 of a cent per month if there are no redemptions. However, if the redemptions are very high, then $.04 per share will be added. I don’t think an arb fund would opt to skip redemption for such miniscule gains. FWIW, In the proxy, they do state that they are currently in talks with a target so likelihood of liquidation is low.

September 6th - VTAQ merger with Presto
This one is very interesting. It’s already a low float with 1.25M (1,255,018) public shares outstanding. If even only 70% of shareholders redeem that’s a tiny float of ~376.5k. Sadly, it doesn’t have any options and it’s been trading above NAV. Still, I think we should pay attention to this and go through the proxy for lock-up information.
NAV: $10.20
Float: 1.25M (1,255,018)

September 6th - CRHC merger with Allwyn
So I looked more into this and I don’t think this one is worth the risk. There’s quite a few things going against this. One, the trust is absolutely massive at 829 million (about 4x typical spac) so it will take a very high number of redemptions for the float to be low enough for it to pump. Secondly, I’m seeing some bizarre language in the proxy stating that a public shareholder or affiliated groups cannot redeem more than 15% of CRHC’s class A shares.

“A public shareholder, together with any of its affiliates or any other person with whom it is acting in concert or as a “group” (as defined under Section 13 of the Exchange Act (as defined below)), will be restricted from redeeming in the aggregate its shares or, if part of such a group, the group’s shares, in excess of 15% of the outstanding Cohn Robbins Class A Shares (i.e., in excess of 12,420,000 Cohn Robbins Class A Shares).”

To me, this suggests that arb funds probably did not take a huge position in CRHC due to this restriction.
Furthermore, minimum cash is $550 million in trust and the target is not at all that terrible. The projections are quite reasonable. I’m only adding this to discourage people from taking a position in anticipation of a low-float squeeze.

Will update this post with more detailed information like NAV and PIPE when I have more time.

11 Likes

@RefirgerateMyESSCash @Kevin @derfam @RYVN @Mr_L @wahoowa @lu2014
:gun: :clown_face:

1 Like

$SLCR play is dead due to allowing redemption reversals. This will increase the float and is an overall sentiment killer.

BWAC sponsor is adding money to the trust account (same as RAM) but the ticker also had a lot of above-NAV volume running up to redemption.

ESSC likely has tons of retail camping on it and is almost always above NAV, I believe. At this point I’d assume it will have negligible redemptions.

3 Likes

Don’t think $GIW is worth playing. Redemption value is ~$10.10 and it seems like it’s been trading above that range for some time now. For some reason, it pumped to $11 on Wednesday, August 17th. Anyone know why?

1 Like

Strangely enough, $DNAA pumped today on news that redemption reversals are not allowed. This is pretty stupid as we don’t even know how many shares were redeemed in the first place. If the redemption numbers end up being mediocre this will be a good short opportunity.

3 Likes

DNAA now with jacked IV and float unknown. Worst of all worlds there. Will consider puts if it pumps again before the float is known.

1 Like

227k float just confirmed. Lucky day for the very few people who bought calls…

https://twitter.com/steveyonezu/status/1560741349174829056?s=21&t=utRgFmyD6gfqmfsEA6oHTw

5 Likes

Didn’t expect one of Chamath’s spacs to have such high redemptions. That’s surprising to me. Well, on to the next one. $SWAG has their merger vote on Monday. Let’s keep a lookout for the numbers. I’m also gonna look at programming a bot that scans sec filings as soon as they drop for certain keywords. That way we might have a fighting chance to buy before it pumps too much.

1 Like

Regarding $SWAG merger

So I’m not sure if I’m reading this correctly but it seems like the sponsor has an agreement with a financial institution where the financial institution has agreed to purchase 6 million shares. It doesn’t sound like a typical forward-purchase agreement and I can’t find any information on lock-ups. Because of that I don’t think $SWAG is a good candidate for a low float pump. If anyone could help decipher this (short read) 8-K that would be much appreciated: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001841800/000119312522226172/d303695d425.htm

1 Like

I missed the $RVAC merger with Westrock coffee vote. It’s taking place on August 25th and people are hyping it up to be the next $DNAA/AKLI. It seems to trade thin and the target is not very attractive.
However, the warrants are priced quite highly at $1.15 suggesting that this is a good deal. (This is not the best predictor of redemptions since $GETY had similar warrant pricing). It might be worth taking a small position for a gamble but DNAA/AKLI might have already killed momentum on these type of plays for the time being.

2 Likes

$RVAC moving on similar news to $DNAA. Redemption reversals are not allowed and it seems like there’s no more shares available to short.

I have a shares plus puts position on RVAC (same position that ended up being perfect on DNAA), but I am not sure expecting a micro float. Expecting at least a few million shares left in trust.

The PIPE investors have the ability to meet some of their obligations by buying up the float (and not redeeming) and most who follow this kind of thing agree they have likely been doing that.

1 Like

$RVAC redemptions came in at 73.5%. Not as big of a GUH as I was expecting given this has a 6.5 million + float now. Going to look at puts tomorrow as this is still too high IMO.

I have done limited reading on RVAC, but from what I’ve seen people are generally bullish on Westrock Coffee. So not surprised that redemptions came in so low. Personally not touching it either way.

3 Likes

I agree that this seems to be one of the few good ones.

Exited most of my shares today between 11.50 and 14.00. Still holding the puts but looking to exit if this dips below 10.00 at all. If there is a ticker change dip I can see it rocketing up after.

2 Likes

$ISLE is liquidating and cancelled the special meeting to extend. Looks like they saw the writing on the wall and weren’t willing to add any more money to the trust.

Source: Isleworth Healthcare Acquisition Corp. Announces Cancellation of Special Meeting of Shareholders, Redemption of Public Shares and Subsequent Dissolution

Updated the OP with two new SPAC plays. Adding a promising one that’s flying under the radar ($CRHC) soon when I get a little more time.

2 Likes

SLCR redemption reversal deadline was today, keeping an eye out for float updates.

1 Like

Update on SLCR: https://twitter.com/TheSpacShack/status/1564599274893197313/photo/1

Potentially an interesting situation unfolding here worth keeping track of?