ILMN - Bad Earnings Guidance

Making this to track this play.

1 Like

ILMN is in a uptrend. Be careful taking entries that are against the trend. It’s suggested that you wait until the next SELL signal or weakening uptrend signal before taking entries on this bearish play.

Potential Uptrend Weakening/Reversal Point on 15m Timeframe for ILMN. This may be a good spot to start scaling into puts.

A Normal Buy Signal has Turned Strong on 30m Timeframe for ILMN. Consider Dropping Puts.

1 Like

I have a small position in this, down about 50% due to IV crush and poor entries. After reviewing the earnings I’m probably just going to hang onto it over the weekend as they do seem bad enough to warrant more of a drop. I believe today’s bullish momentum was from the issuance of PTs that are still above the current price point and generally when that happens there is a bleed in the days following.

Will be quick to cut on Monday should the trend not reverse in our favor.

4 Likes

riding with you. Took 08/19 200p at 2.15

I’m looking at the 10K filter for flows and I dont know why people are buying so many calls…

1 Like

I’m in with 08/19 180ps. They were cheap and after reviewing the DD and Data I also don’t see a reason for this pump today. Sub 200 here we come!

2 Likes

Morning Update
The last AH signal for ILMN was a STRONG BUY on the 30m Timeframe

The last signal can occasionally be indicative of a sustained trend, however opening volatility can quickly change the situation so be sure to be mindful and take profit if you see it.

1 Like

JB’s out of this play I’m currently just waiting until after 10AM to see if the trend comes back around.

2 Likes

Took the L at 0.90 :confused:

1 Like

Just noticed it got another PT adjustment just before open. Watching for these is important as while it seems bearish, the PT is still above the current price point and some stocks will work their way towards the new PTs as this one seems to have been trying to do.

My vote is still bleed after the PT adjustments stop rolling in but I don’t have options without enough life to wait for that to happen.

1 Like

Potential Uptrend Weakening/Reversal Point on 15m Timeframe for ILMN. This may be a good spot to start scaling into puts.

Potential Uptrend Weakening/Reversal Point on 30m Timeframe for ILMN. This may be a good spot to start scaling into puts.

Confirmed Sell Alert on 30m Timeframe for ILMN.

Morning Update
The last AH signal for ILMN was a WEAKENING SELL on the 30m Timeframe

The last signal can occasionally be indicative of a sustained trend, however opening volatility can quickly change the situation so be sure to be mindful and take profit if you see it.

Potential Downtrend Weakening/Reversal Point on 15m Timeframe for ILMN. This is may be a good spot to start scaling out of puts.

Positioning before 10AM is generally not reccomended due to increased volatility

Potential Downtrend Weakening/Reversal Point on 15m Timeframe for ILMN. This is may be a good spot to start scaling out of puts.

Potential Downtrend Weakening/Reversal Point on 30m Timeframe for ILMN. This is may be a good spot to start scaling out of puts.