Need recommendations for long term recurring investments (5+ years)

I am currently a student who has taken an interest in investing. I have been trading for a couple months now and now I want to set up a long term investment that I wont touch for a couple of years. Luckily, I have some funds I can use to set up recurring investments for probably 100$ a week. Here are some stocks that I am looking out for and currently researching. Any suggestions?

BRK.A / BRK.B
VOO
Unity Software
Intel
AMD
COST
Cloudflare
MSFT
TLRY
TDOC
ZIM
SGBX
VVV

4 Likes

That’s a good list.

Consider adding these fairly new ETFs:
SPLG, highly recommended.
QQMG
IAU

Also study about REITs.

3 Likes

I recently added DIS for my long-term account, and I’m interested in adding GOOGL somewhere between 2000 to 2500.

I sold TSLA in my long-term account at 1100 last week and am interested in re-adding it somewhere between 700 to 900.

2 Likes

I’m a fan of qqqx I’m starting to add to it as my next index fund.

If you’ve heard of qyld the fund that sells covered calls on the index, this is the same but the instead only sell covered calls on portions of the fund so they allow for organic stock growth instead of just selling atm calls on every single stock in the nasdaq.

As you can see qqqx has risen over time but qyld as only declined, also qqqx has a 7.9% annual dividend yield where you can re invest dividends to get that nice long term dividend snowball

1 Like

I would look at the previous loved tech and growth stock that has come down and are not profitable right now.

MTTR
some kind of genomics
some kind of energy innovation

I agree and with Cloudflare with unity

I dont know how to feel about things like the tech megacaps as a percentage growth , might as well take a position in QQQ instead.

2 Likes

Check out SCHD if you are looking for the long-term.

https://www.schwabassetmanagement.com/products/schd

1 Like

Also a huge fan of schd I have some shares.

1 Like

SOXL at these prices.

1 Like

AMD AMD AMD AMD AMD AMD AMD

This is not financial advice and i am not a financial advisor

1 Like

I would also consider #spy
#schd is a pretty decent ETF with dividends

1 Like

I decided to choose Unity for my long term investment for now. Might change my mind later but idk. Thoughts on HGEN as a long term play?

I like this. Buy SPY &/or VOO & just continue to hold long term. The market has been increasing significantly annually and the gains you’ll receive from these positions will pay greatly down the road. I would say 10+ years.

In a current situation like yourself. Plan on buying a GOOGL shares post split & continue to hold and sell within the next 6-7 years. GL!

1 Like

I’d vouch for VTI + VXUS + some individual stock picks like GOOGL, ENB, T