Scalping Watchlist for 01/14 Using unusualwhales Option Flow + Analysis of 01/13 Watchlist

If you haven’t read the 01/13 watchlist, I suggest you do so before continuing.

Disclaimer before continuing: My Schwab charting software is down, so I had to do the charting on TradingView.

Pretty decent day for our picks. This is how it went.

DKNG:

Had a spike in the morning after testing our level. Scalping that spike could’ve netted you 50%+ depending on the contract/entry. Decent pick.

DIS:

Had some consolidation at our level, then a small run that could’ve netted around a 20% scalp. Decent play.

NFLX:

Probably the easiest trade to take from the watchlist today. There was a perfect entry after it broke then retested our level and would’ve caught the sell-off into EOD. Great pick.

Watchlist for 01/14

UBER:

A lot of exiting deep ITM positions going into EOD. I’m eyeing puts if the price stays below $43.00

BA:

A lot of call-buying going into EOD, even after it had ran intraday. I’m eyeing calls if the price stays above $223.36

RBLX:

1/21 $80 puts getting hit 15 minutes from EOD. I’m eyeing puts if the price stays below $80.80.

FANG:

A lot of $90 calls for 1/21 being bought going into EOD. Doesn’t have great spreads, so bid low. I’m eyeing calls if the price stays above $123.80

Bonus Picks for anyone interested:

DKNG

This one still has some bullish flow from whales exiting their puts. Could have some scalping opportunities to the upside.

TTWO:

A lot of OTM call buying expiring in February. Could have scalp opportunities to the upside, or even a swing?

Good luck tomorrow!!!

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for these threads! Just a quick question: On each ticker, when you say you’re eyeing [calls/puts] if the price stays [above/below] $x, is there any specific timeframe (i.e. ‘right at open’ or ‘around 1030am’), or is it case-by-case per ticker? Thanks!

Hey, good question. Not necessarily a specific time, I’m just looking for a test of that level. For example with RBLX today, we had a few tests of $80.80 this morning, and it got rejected. Not really a specific time, just tests of levels. If it runs with no test, I don’t enter.

2 Likes

If you don’t have time to watch the tickers, you could also set alerts for when the price is approaching the level. I don’t like setting the alert at the level because I could miss the move so I usually set it a little bit further below/above depending on if it’s calls or puts. Like RBLX I would put an alert around $80.6 for example and then I can monitor to see if it gets rejected at my level ($80.80).

Sweet, thanks! By that reasoning, would that mean you stayed out of FANG & UBER today (since they didn’t seem to test)?

Took a break from everything today. Didn’t trade. But yes. UBER I might’ve gotten into puts due to macro sell off even if it didn’t test, but I wouldn’t have done anything to the upside.

2 Likes