Time to take a breath

ESSC

While the January calls for ESSC aren’t exactly a terrible idea, I will take a moment to say that this specific play is not expected to continue into next week. T+2 theories have never worked out in our research and all evidence points to a run having happened this week if one was to come. I’m going to properly digest ESSC more next week, but all I’ll say is that we’ll keep a watch on it and if something looks to be forming, we’ll call it out.

Take a Breath

This weekend, take a break. I know a lot of people here took a hit on ESSC. Whether you lost your cost basis, or you’re upset about gains that weren’t realized, it’s probably best if you take some “you time” this weekend to get your head clear:

• Go for a walk.
  • Go grab some dinner.
  • Go see a family member you haven’t seen in awhile.
  • Take a weekend trip.
  • Do a movie marathon.
  • Do something nice for your spouse if you have one. If you don’t, treat yo self.

Just do something that isn’t obsessing about stocks and your current position. If you’re in a constant state of panic, you’ll never be able to clear your mind enough to obtain the confidence you’re going to need to come back from it. Someone asked me privately how I bounce back from huge losses and I feel like my strategy for it is simple and super delusional so I think everyone here will have no problem following it:

1. I take a break like I said above, which is arguably the most important and often neglected part. You. Yes you. Get the fuck outside, or stay inside I don’t care, just don’t worry about stocks and shit this weekend.
  2. I look at what could have been as an achievement. Using IRNT as an example, I look at how much I was up as a win. I look at it as an example of what I’m capable of. I was able to get in on a play early, I rode the fuck out of it and I saw more money than I had ever dreamed I could’ve made flow into my account. Unrealized gains are gains my friends in times like this. You accomplished something that most traders don’t. Most traders struggle to ever see green at all. But you did that and more. Sometimes, we need to be the guy in the AGC meme:
    [floatl][/floatl]
  3. I figure out where I went wrong. What happened, how can I change my approach to ensure that should the opportunity arise again, I’m ready for it. This is crucial, you’ll never grow as a trader if you don’t harness what you have now and use it as motivation and drive to never feel like this again. If you didn’t cover your cost basis, learn how to do that shit, if you didn’t trim, learn how to do that shit. Learn how to make sure that you’re ready to fuck up whatever opportunity comes next… because there will be one. There always is another play.
  4. I double down on the delusion. For plays like these I look at how often they occur and I think “This was a ticker that I knew nothing about two weeks ago. I took a position and saw a fuck ton of green from it”… and then:
  5. I FUCKIN DO IT AGAIN BITCHES. Because you and me? We’re fucking awesome. You know how many of these fucking plays we’ve fucking played in the last fucking month? Like fucking four. FUCK YEAH. Get fucking hungry, get fucking motivated, did you hear a bell? Oh, you did. Oh, well I guess… OF COURSE YOU FUCKING DID BECAUSE I’M FUCKING THAT SON OF A BITCH RIGHT NOW AND THE LITTLE DINGS ARE JUST THE SOUNDS OF ITS SUBMISSION TO MY SUPERIORITY. I’m coming back after my own personal Rocky montage ready to knock the fuck out of whatever play comes next because we. are. GODS. You are, I am, we all are, together.

The only way you truly fail in life is if you let your losses rule you. If you learn from your mistakes and correct the flaws they’ve exposed you will constantly get better and will at some point reach your peak as an individual, which I have faith is a life that makes you happy and comfortable. This play was sidetracked by forces that are in our control. I for one am excited to see what happens when we do so. There will be another play my friends, it’s back to work in #analysis-due-diligence in the meantime.

To quote Zach Morris “I fucking love penis”… shit wrong quote… “I love you guys”. Have a good weekend.

This post is proudly sponsored by: wish.com

77 Likes

Thanks for this.

3 Likes

My Sword is yours! Now and Always! A God of Valhalla.

2 Likes

Thanks Conq!

3 Likes

We will come out better traders. Another experience to learn from. No bad experiences. As long as we learn from mistakes and not make them again.

Time to search for the next one!

3 Likes

Great points here! Everyone enjoy their weekend. Next week- on to find the next play! Thanks for the week closing pep talk, Conq!

2 Likes

Some wise words!. Hopefully we will learn alot from this.
Big thanks and damn it was nice to laugh abit aswell :joy:

2 Likes

Definitely some good perspective to keep in mind as I’ve been in a tough place mentally. I was actually telling myself the same thing about the unrealized gains–that I did see some really nice gains flow through my account on ESSC, as well as on some previous plays. Thus, there’s absolutely no reason that this opportunity doesn’t come again and with that comes opportunity to secure some or all of those gains, or not re-enter with all the gains, or whatever went wrong for anyone in particular. Going to not think about stocks at least for this weekend, maybe longer and come back patient and ready to go. Cheers!

4 Likes

Mic drop post, Conq.

3 Likes

Thank you for the well thought out words conq. excited to take some time this weekend to clear my head, excited to learn from my mistakes and continue to grow as a trader with the incredible help and dedication to the people that make this community so great! Hope everyone has a great weekend~

3 Likes

Make sure to click on the wish.com link frens

4 Likes

Thank you, Conq!

1 Like

I love it here! Sometimes I lose money bad, and I’ve found MULTIPLE individual plays this year that brought my account single handedly from over -90% red to 50% green overall (and yeah then I trade like an idiot and end up back where I started.) But there’s no such thing as “the last big play,” there’s always another one right around the corner! You saw 1000% gains over the course of a week and hate yourself that you didn’t sell? Well guess what, you’re gonna diamond hands those kinds of gains another 5 times before Spring! And if you can smack some sense into yourself at least one of those times you’ll be back in the green for good!

3 Likes

I’m not even bullshittin, I tried to buy 190 0TDE SPY calls and didn’t get filled. I’m about this high risk, high reward shit. :cut_of_meat:

3 Likes

Thanks for everything conq. Live to fight another day.

1 Like

“Audentes Fortuna iuvat”
Fortune favors the brave.

• Virgil, Aeneid 10.284
1 Like

I know I for one and many needed to read this and let this sink in. Much appreciated for this conq.

2 Likes

This is much appreciated. I got way too emotional and got overleveraged on ESSC. I don’t normally do things like that but this felt different for whatever reason.
Anyway, thanks for all you and everyone else does, Conq, I probably won’t be as active in the discord for a bit ( not that I’m super active) just so I can get some new funds ready to try again.
That was the greenest trade I ever made until it wasn’t. I’m gonna try and treat this as an expensive lesson and come back ready to knock the next one out

1 Like

Thank you so much for the talk Conq. I was feeling pretty depressed after Tuesday, but this announcement gave me the fire I needed to come back. We will get through this together. I will be prepared for the next one.

1 Like

Thanks Conq. And thanks this post’s sponsor wish.com. What an amazing sponsor. Very insightful and delightful informations on it.

1 Like