URANIUM - Futures, ETFs & Equities Discussion

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/zelenskiy-calls-tougher-international-response-after-shelling-nuclear-plant-2022-08-07/

Heads up, have a nice week. :slight_smile:

Ill just add brief explanation of why this could be bullish.

Last time he was trying to scare europe with “nuclear disaster” to get military help, this time he is trying to get political help to avoid possible “nuclear disaster”. I think this time it is perfectly aligned for investors to buy into US / Foreign (Canadian, Australian) producers.

But I might be completely wrong. :smiley:

Seeing alot of chatter recently on Uranium, anyone have a favorite ticker they are playing? I would like to dive into it a litter further.
Thanks in advanced

1 Like

I’ve been playing DNN by wheeling CSPs & CCs between the $1 and $1.50 levels. The only thing I haven’t liked about that is the fees that get taken out because of the amount of contracts I need to sell each time.

I’m not in CCJ right now, but it’s a solid stock in the sector.

2 Likes

CCJ (Cameco) is the worlds 2nd largest producer.
It is a liquid stock with a decent options chain.
They are Canadian based so have plenty to gain from Russia shenanigans.
There is also UUUU, UEC, and and a uranium etf URA.

3 Likes

Uranium is taking a breather.

Price of the commodity is consolidating, after a 100% runup over the last year:

(Source)

The close-ended ETF SRUUF is seeing a selloff as folks lock in profits. As often happens, this creates a dislocation frmo NAV. It’s at -15% right now. Which means when the gap closes (and it always eventually does) that’s a free 15% gains. (See above for a few such iterations.)

SRUUF is at its 100SMA. Need to see if it holds here, or keep sbarreling down. (below)

I missed the crazy runup because I did not see it rising this much (what else is new…), but do intend to capitalize on this NAV/price disconnect when the uptrend resumes.

Note: SRUUF provides a K-1, not a 1099.

1 Like

Price seems to be futzing around that 100SMA line, and discount from NAV closed up a bit, so opened a partial SRUUF position. Might still be early, will top up based on how price moves from here.