Valhalla’s Most Anticipated Earnings / August 22nd 2022

[color=#d4a218]Zoom Video Communications, Inc., ($ZM)[/color]
Zoom Video Communications, Inc., ($ZM) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 4:05 PM EST on Monday 22nd. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $0.93 per share on a revenue of $1.12 billion. ZM reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $0.99 per share on revenue of $1.1 billion. Revenue grew 12.3% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 68% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be unhealthy with 5.41% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted higher by 22.8% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 12.0% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]JD.com, Inc., ($JD)[/color]
JD.com, Inc., ($JD) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 6:30 AM EST on Tuesday 23rd. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $0.33 per share on a revenue of $38.80 billion. JD reported 1st Quarter March 2022 earnings of $0.34 per share on revenue of $37.8 billion. Revenue grew 21.9% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 62% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 1.24% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted lower by 0.5% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 7.7% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]Macy’s, Inc., ($M)[/color]
Macy’s, Inc., ($M) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 6:55 AM EST on Tuesday 23rd. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $0.86 per share on a revenue of $5.50 billion. M reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $1.08 per share on revenue of $5.3 billion. Revenue grew 13.6% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 69% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 9.9% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted lower by 0.89% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 13.8% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]XPeng Inc., ($XPEV)[/color]
XPeng Inc., ($XPEV) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 6:00 AM EST on Tuesday 23rd. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for ($2.61) per share on a revenue of $1.05 billion. XPEV reported a 1st Quarter March 2022 loss of $0.32 per share on revenue of $1.2 billion. Revenue grew 161.1% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 63% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 2.39% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted higher by 1.19% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 11.7% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc., ($WOOF)[/color]
Petco Health and Wellness Company, Inc., ($WOOF) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 7:30 AM EST on Wednesday 24th. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $0.23 per share on a revenue of $1.50 billion. WOOF reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $0.14 per share on revenue of $1.5 billion. Revenue grew 4.6% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 29% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be unhealthy with 15.51% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted lower by 10.02% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 8.5% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]NVIDIA Corp., ($NVDA)[/color]
NVIDIA Corp., ($NVDA) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 4:20 PM EST on Wednesday 24th. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $0.58 per share on a revenue of $8.10 billion. NVDA reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $1.29 per share on revenue of $8.3 billion. Revenue grew 46.4% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 71% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 1.34% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted higher by 3.86% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 7.9% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]Salesforce, ($CRM)[/color]
Salesforce, ($CRM) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 4:05 PM EST on Wednesday 24th. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $1.02 per share on a revenue of $7.70 billion. CRM reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $1.01 per share on revenue of $7.4 billion. Revenue grew 24.3% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 71% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 1.29% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted higher by 15.52% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 7.8% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., ($DLTR)[/color]
Dollar Tree Stores, Inc., ($DLTR) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 7:30 AM EST on Wednesday 24th. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $1.57 per share on a revenue of $6.79 billion. DLTR reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $2.37 per share on revenue of $6.9 billion. The consensus earnings estimate was $1.98 per share on revenue of $6.8 billion. The Earnings Whisper number was $2.10 per share. Revenue grew 6.5% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 57% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 2.4% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted higher by 7.59% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 8.8% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]Peloton Interactive, ($PTON)[/color]
Peloton Interactive, ($PTON) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 7:00 AM EST on Thursday 25th. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for ($0.70) per share on a revenue of $722.19 million. PTON reported a 3rd Quarter March 2022 loss of $0.98 per share on revenue of $964.3 million. The consensus estimate was a loss of $0.85 per share on revenue of $976.1 million. The Earnings Whisper number was for a loss of $0.92 per share. Revenue fell 23.6% compared to the same quarter a year ago. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 18% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be unhealthy with 11.53% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted lower by 11.96% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 23.7% move on earnings.

[color=#d4a218]Dell Technologies, ($DELL)[/color]
Dell Technologies, ($DELL) is confirmed to report earnings at approximately 4:25 PM EST on Thursday 25th. The consensus estimate by the Earnings Whisper is for $1.38 per share on a revenue of $26.54 billion. DELL reported 1st Quarter April 2022 earnings of $1.92 per share on revenue of $26.1 billion. The consensus earnings estimate was $1.40 per share on revenue of $24.9 billion. The Earnings Whisper number was $1.38 per share. Revenue grew 6.7% on a year-over-year basis. Investor sentiment going into the company’s earnings release has 48% expecting an earnings beat. Short interest is considered to be healthy with 2.08% of the float being sold short. The stock has drifted higher by 7.91% from its open following the earnings release. Option traders are pricing in a 9.0% move on earnings.

7 Likes

Here’s the weekly thread I’ll be posting the earnings results in the mornings so we can formulate a daily game plan.

Tomorrow morning (Monday) there likely isn’t anything worth playing. I only see 3 listed and one doesn’t have options, the other two are very lower dollar. However, after hours we have some big names and they might trend during the day like ZM & PANW.

1 Like

The dollar stores usually do well and may be my top play this week. Zoom was puts previously that paid well, but let’s see. May watch BILL for more price targets and a support bounce for calls depending on market. NVDA I believe released recently that forward guidance would be bad but let’s reconfirm. Monday morning might be a slow play day.

4 Likes

Monday is going to be really boring for Earnings plays. However Tuesday should be fun PANW and ZM ah Monday and DKS M pre market Tuesday. DG is the one I’m looking forward to most this week.

ZM is basically sitting on its 52 week low. Going to watch DE and BILL tomorrow.

Thanks @Ticown for always putting this together.

3 Likes

Indeed, the dollar stores may do very well. Both Wal Mart and Target indicated in their earnings reporting that consumers were seeking out bargains on discounted items and that they saw increased market share from households making 100k + per year. If middle class shoppers are now hitting up the local Walmart then the lower income families are probably behaving similar and now bargain hunting at the dollar stores more often.

3 Likes

Still setting up for the week. Watching DE on their price target increases (360/365 support, breakout 368 for 370) If you had puts from the play I hope they are green this am from the market drop. See how it trends but profit at open might be safer play with these price upgrades. Seeing how DLTR & DG trend into earnings, compared to market & SPY today, BILL on a 168 or 165 bounce for a push up unless market takes it down. See which one of these trades opposite of SPY or shows better strength or weakness.

1 Like

Ok so far DG and DLTR premiums are a bit high and IV has creeped up. Careful on going in too fast on either puts or calls. The theory is everyone is barging shopping now, due to higher costs, so some are expecting all the dollar stores to do very well. If I am green enough on my calls at any point in the next few days before earnings, I am going to sell. Then we play how the earnings actually go. Market is red and they are holding ok…DE showing support around that 368 level on price upgrades and looks fairly strong. Only support buys if you try calls, but safe entry was at 360 & 365 for calls.

1 Like

DLTR top pick for calls this week going into earnings. If I see green I will sell before earnings are reported. 167/166 support so far. DG support 251.50 potential double bottom. DE looking good off 368 support.

1 Like

Sold my DE calls there and looks like 373 rejection. Could try calls at a bounce area like 370 or 371 but I prob done with this one today. Entries were around 368 and 369 today. Taking a break but so far decent day.

ZM not great earnings, beat EPS but missed rest and lowered guidance, but lets full review tonight and in the morning. Watching that 90/85 support and if it looses could make entry or tries to push up a bit, puts might be the play. Lets see how it moves. ZM 96.50 or 94 resistance

1 Like

Summary on earnings so far - ZM not great earnings, beat EPS but missed rest and lowered guidance, but lets full review tonight and in the morning. Watching that 90/85 support and if it looses that, could make put entry or if tries to push up a bit, puts might be the play at 92, 94, or 96.50 resistance.
BILL watch 162/163 support for calls, depending how market moves.
DLTR IV still elevated, 167 area keeps bouncing for support.

1 Like
  • Earnings: $1.05 per share, adjusted, vs. 94 cents per share as expected by analysts, according to Refinitiv.

• Revenue: $1.10 billion, vs. $1.12 billion as expected by analysts, according to Refinitiv.

• Zoom’s revenue growth slowed to 8% from 12% in the year-ago quarter, a lesser result than analysts had predicted.

• The video-calling software maker blamed the strong the revenue miss in part on the U.S. dollar.

2 Likes

Going to be watching PANW to see if it continues to move up. DKS and M premarket and probably will keep an eye on JD it’s down a bit over last month so good numbers might have some room to move back up. I always try to keep an eye on premarket if they are moving inverse spy or the rest of the market. Or if they take a premarket drop start to make a recovery heading into open once algos do their thing I’ll update in AM

1 Like

Numbers and movement so far from last night & this morning as of 7:20am est… Still waiting on DKS.

Ticker EPS Revenue Guidance Est Move Actual Move
ZM 1.05 v 0.93 1.10B v 1.12B DOWN 12.20% -11.00%
PANW 2.39 v 2.30 1.55B v 1.54B UP 7.50% 10.00%
DLO 0.10 v 0.10 101.20M v 102.8M 17.70% -6.50%
M 1.00 v 0.85 5.60B v 5.50B DOWN 10.50% 1.77%
DKS 3.68 v 3.52 3.11B v 3.06B No Change 10.10% 1.50%
XPEV (0.43) v (2.61) 1.11B v 1.05B DOWN 8.30% -4.24%
JD 0.61 v 0.41 40.00B v 38.80B 6.40% 2.50%
MDT 1.13 v 1.12 7.37B v 7.23B No Change 3.10% 1.00%
SJM 1.67 v 1.25 1.87B v 1.86B UP 4.70% ???
GDS (0.32) v (0.30) 344.94M v 338.19M DOWN 16.30% ???
3 Likes

So far this morning…

ZM continue to trickle down.
PANW still going up.
DKS also looks like it’s going up but very low volume PM.
XPEV has been bleeding with a nice downtrend.

M is green and going sideways, but they lowered guidance so I’m not really sure.

Still watching hopefully we’ll get more movement closer to market open.

CRWD is moving in sympathy with PANW…

1 Like

ZM 87 and 88 resistance. 86 support. I would rather see a small push up before entering puts.

DLTR if we get a breakout above 168.50 I may sell my calls and wait for earnings to come out or reposition. Watch 167 support.

PANW guidance good. Support 556,554,552. Thinking because so high you can go calls at open and sell within a candle and bid low or wait for profit taking then buy support.

I like ZM puts the best of it pushes up a bit then I’ll enter.

4 Likes

PANW and DKS are likely what I’ll be playing today. They both seem relatively unaffected by rest of market and have kept pushing up. Will keep an eye on JD as well

3 Likes

ZM 87 and 88 resistance. 86 support. I would rather see a small push up before entering puts.

DLTR if we get a breakout above 168.50 I may sell my calls and wait for earnings to come out or reposition. Watch 167 support.

PANW guidance good. Support 556,554,552. Thinking because so high you can go calls at open and sell within a candle and bid low or wait for profit taking then buy support.

Adding DKS due to their good earnings. 115.50/117.75 Resistance. Support 110/112.

2 Likes

Update big wins again - ZM 87 and 88 resistance. 86 support. I would rather see a small push up before entering puts. (edit 87 resistance working really well)

DLTR if we get a breakout above 168.50 I may sell my calls ( I did sell on breakout) and wait for earnings to come out or reposition. Watch 167 support.

PANW guidance good. Support 556,554 (554 support paid massively),552. Thinking because so high you can go calls at open and sell within a candle and bid low or wait for profit taking then buy support.

Adding DKS due to their good earnings. 115.50/117.75 Resistance. Support 110/112. (112 support paid) it took a dump so any new news or just profit taking and market? 1. To better explain my buy on DKS at 109. It was rough support pre market, it was support yesterday and a lot of this drop was market/SPY. They had good earnings so I was bettering on a bounce and it worked well. Sometimes buying after 3-5 large volume red candles pays very well.

4 Likes

Lots of downgrades today already for ZM continuation down for rest of week doesn’t seem out of the question. Careful around $75/80 as it could rebound

1 Like