What ticker is Spruce Point shorting?

https://twitter.com/sprucepointcap/status/1511437514564845570?s=21&t=sTl1MjshUvOEmD0JGsiuGg

Leave your answer here. Winner gets… something.

3 Likes

My guess is SBUX.

2 Likes

My totally original idea is comcast…

2 Likes

Dell?

3 Likes

$25 Amazon eGift Card for the winner from me

3 Likes

And employee of the week!

8 Likes

My guess is $AAPL

2 Likes

$ORCL is my guess

2 Likes

CAT check out Howard lance work history

2 Likes

I’ll guess IBM

3 Likes

@DannyScot said Cisco

2 Likes

Broadcom is my guess, AVGO

3 Likes

ATER because potential squeeze.

1 Like

I’ll guess CRM

4 Likes

Hmm… so I’ve been digging for most expensive software.
CryEngine 3 used to cost $1.2 million to license. Its now free with Amazon, renamed to Lumberyard.
Although I very doubt its Amazon. Also have been thinking about 3D software, like Autodesk.
But it has never been that expensive. I’ll lock my answer in to $AMZN

1 Like

My guess is GME for the glory

1 Like

Their report preview talks about the company having supply-chain issues, which points toward a physical product/hardware rather than software, and also mentions that it’s prized product is/was priced at over 1 million dollars, so I think it’s enterprise or government-facing and not a retailer. However, the report also mentions that competitors are now able to give away a similar product for free, which seems at odds with the product being something physical (but it could be a feature like an analytics suite or AI built on top of hardware).

I’m gonna guess it’s IBM

4 Likes

Consider the report mentions supply chain issues, pure software companies don’t jump out at me, IBM Watson, Salesforce, and oracle all seem like possibilities, but I am curious is adobe should also be in the mix, as for supply chains being a mess - And being a mess pre pandemic as it states in the write up maybe, Auto Nation or some other car company - my guess is “Auto Nation”

1 Like

I change my guess to Adobe - if changing is allowed

1 Like

as I explained to my boss, who had a shitfit over a CISA panel about the supply chain, there are two supply chains.

1 Like