WSM - a story told in my DMs

Do with this what you will.

“WSM earnings release after close on wendsday option chain maxed out @200.00 currently owned 96% institutional 12% short interest…… if chain does not get expanded on wendsday 200c 3/18 fd is the play. All time high is 220, Restoration hardware pumped on earnings personally I think they have fixed their supply chain as my wife buys all sorts of shit from their brands pottery barn, west elm, etc. and it’s being delivered every fucking day. But I am not entering until afternoon on wendsday it’s a lottery ticket play option chain is 25-30% off highest strike… up 5% for the week…looks similar to hertz, shorts are currently in the money however if it begins to gap up from earnings they may cover as a way to take profit which would max chain, Good luck to us and this is a lottery ticket , full disclosure I am a huge pervert and super retarded.”

8 Likes

Might grab an fd to hedge my put I cant get rid of :rofl:

1 Like

I tossed on some bids for the 200’s and 195’s pretty cheap if they fill at open - worth the lotto

2 Likes

Put a lotta bid out for some 200s

3 Likes

I took a .15 fill on the 200s as a lotto.

1 Like

I got one of the 195’s for .20 - waiting to see if anything else fills - mostly .05 / .10 / .15 bids

2 Likes

Since you posted this the 200s went from .15 on the bid to .40 on the ask!

3 Likes

I wasn’t able to get .40 but took half off for profit at .25. House money to ride the rest.

2 Likes

got a couple 200’s @ .15

2 Likes

Brief analysis thanks to @RandersonTexas: this is a play on the float being locked up by institutions and the shorts deciding to cover if it gaps up on earnings, but it’s only 8 million shares short, so almost all of them would need to cover to squeeze it. Plus, they are in the money up to $170ish, so it would probably need to gap over 25%. There isn’t much as far as OI on the chain right now.

2 Likes

Just parking this here. Nice…

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/williams-sonoma-q4-profit-beats-expectations-retailer-raises-dividend-by-10-2022-03-16

2 Likes

Dayum

2 Likes

Jeez great earnings great guidance this could have a run here. Also seems like a great long term investment with the divi

1 Like

my body is ready

2 Likes