The Braindump - Musings by Someone Who Needs More Sleep

Been a very busy day, and can’t chat much on discord for a while.
So I’ll lurk here in the forums whenever possible.

I’m starting this new thread since I don’t want to add to my older 25% Satisfaction blog anymore.
That one achieved its goal in helping me reach discipline and also forced me to develop/find my own preferred trades.
This one will be mostly musings whenever my skull doesn’t want to stop thinking.

Right now, I’m thinking Tesla, TSLA.

Rexxxar Autism VS Elon’s Autism - TSLA to 300

Back in December 1, 2021, I made this bold statement…

“TSLA to 700”, after checking its chart and trying all the wishy washy magic tools of Fibonacci.
I really thought it should go down hard, time was the only factor in question.

“Pride comes before the fall” is the simple version of that Biblical verse, Proverbs 16:18.
I experience it myself form time to time, so I know it’s weight.

Elon has become too proud for his own good and the others who work with him.
The guy even wants to be officially labeled as the “founder” of Tesla.
I don’t know about you, but that’s crazy in my book.

This latest stupid display of wealth on acquiring Twitter is the loudest signal of TSLA’s grand stock sell-off.
It will be magnificent.

TSLA to 300…

400 is the stronger possibility, but something autistic within me keeps eyeing 300 against this autistic ticker.

Earlier this week, I bought a put against TSLA and saw it reach over 30% in gains in just a matter of minutes.
I didn’t sell, because I felt ecstatic.
See? Retarded right there.

Held that position overnight and even added 4 more contracts to average down, while the stock moved up to 669. That was my pride working against me.

Yet there is something here. An idea. Let me explain it to myself again, real quick.

• TSLA has a gap on the downside, which is at the 433-412 channel. This was from the gap-up of Nov. 16, 2020.
  • For individual stocks, gaps do fill–time is the only factor. Obviously they have to remain listed on the market.
  • On March 18, 2020, TSLA crashed down to 70.10, along with the broad market, due of course to the Covid-19 pandemic. I’m using this as the base for the Fibonacci Retracement tool.
  • On August 31, 2020, Tesla had a stock split. Any gaps prior to this date can be dismissed, imho.
  • According to the retracement tool, -78% is near 320.69. You can’t make this stuff up. Truly retarded signs.
  • Usual sweet spots for rebounds to consolidation are 0.5, 0.6, and 0.75, so $300 is a mark of interest for me.
  • Notice the Triple Top pattern.
  • Notice the 48day (yellow) Moving Average line crossing under the 200 MA (red).
  • Notice the consistent rejection at the 13day line (green). These are all signs of weaknesses.
  • Float is only 855.157M, so it can move with the weight of its sentiment. And for as long as Elon The Ghruyt keeps hugging that hot spotlight, sentiment from both sides will remain strong.
  • Tesla’s volatility will remain high, even after it’s crash to 300. I would argue it will only increase at that price.

But my game against TSLA stock is on.
I will be positioning my hundreds of dollars (only max of $900 of course) against Elon’s billion dollar darling.

*TSLA touched 617.54, this past Wednesday, May 25, 2022. It will be retesting that soon–and will ultimately break.
*Next real level to test and break will be 539.49, from March of 2021.
*I’m looking for it to possibly try for 760, before moving back down with speed again.

Will start with 1 contract and average down as necessary.
I’ll be looking at a monthly position to build on, July or Aug perhaps.
Possibly 500p, 450p, or 430p.

News:

THIS IS NOT A PLAY CALLOUT.
THIS POST IS A BRAINDUMP.
I keep my callout contributions to the Community Callouts thread.

6 Likes

If that weird Gann is to be given weight, then let’s look at
SPY vs SPX, 60 years apart.

SPY, today, year 2022…

SPX, 1962…

The biggest candles are those of May 28 and 29, 6% and 8% ranged moves, respectively.

The years don’t need to be exact copies of each other.
Just that they can be very similar in terms of market movement.

Some of the elder traders I listen to were thinking that Wednesday the 25th was the big move this year.
False alarm as we know now.

We might not see 8 or even 6 percent daily candles on SPY this year.
Yet in the end, if that strange theory holds, 1962 might still be a good trace over 2022.
One can only wait and see.

*Heikin Ashi was used for this comparison.

7 Likes

I’m going to use Bitcoin as a forward indicator for big market dumps…

Thanks to George for posting this on TF. el mayo

SPX, VIX, and BTC charts are all pointing to a significant market compression by year’s end.

I keep Bitcoin specific alerts to my Bitcoin Fundamentals thread.

3 Likes

Should the Housing Market dump…

Here’s the list of what can be traded to my advantage:

For DRV, I’d probably place my bets on a weekly basis, since it has the highest risk-to-reward ratio.

Bit of reading here:

*I’m still sickish, very weak, but starting to feel better. I think.
*Port is up over 55% for the month of May. Yes, this is victory larping for myself.
*We managed to stay away from covid19 since the breakout by making quick moves on wise decisions.
*Few weeks before March, we already decided to skip attending our local church. Only to witness in horror some evangelical churches insisting public gatherings, with no protection whatsoever.
*2020 was such a letdown for me. I prayed for a lot of people then. Some still died. Some don’t care anymore.
*The family has relaxed a bit too much and so now we’re finally part of the statistics. It was only a matter of time.
*Slam Dunk is rumored to have a movie coming out later this year.

Feel free to build up on any of the tickers on your own threads <3

2 Likes

Consciously watching OIL futures here…
If I see either BRENT or WTI hit 140, I expect recession to be officially declared.

Make your own threads about OIL and GAS.

1 Like

Took a peek at Tradytics and other Darkpool tapes…

I like it a lot when NVDA sells big.

Also, AMZN has at least 1 big off-exchange print, worth just over 230M.
Such trades take at least 24hours to affect on-exchange price movement.
I’m curious as to when, but at least I know there will be some big moves ahead for sure.

Off to my lovely date tonight.
Top Gun Maverick should be fun, right?
I really hope there’s less scenes of naked men this time.

3 Likes

So what you’re saying is…puts on NVDA.

Enjoy Top Gun! :wave:

Thank you.
Fantastic film.
Makes me want to pilot a plane again.

I’ve never piloted a plane.

1 Like

SPY, Weekly Candles, 2001 towards 2003…

From its first Weekly-Gap-Down (clear sign of capitulation), it fell another 37%.

SPY, Weekly Candles, 2008 to 2009…

From its first Weekly-Gap-Down, it fell another 37.65%.

SPY, Weekly Candles, 2022…

We have just experienced its first Weekly-Gap-Down.
Should it fall another 40% in price, it will hit 230.34.

SPY, Daily Candles…

There is a clear gap that is yet to be filled from March 23, 2020.
Channel 229.68 to 233.80.

*Not all gaps have to be filled.
*Some gaps do remained unfilled, especially with Indices and ETFs.
*Price gaps simply present possible trade opportunities–markers, if you will.

2 Likes

Jesus Christ is great, all the time.

Paid CCs in full, even when I know wifey will max at least one of them out again, real soon.
New pool for the kids are setup in the backyard.
House is full of groceries and other supplies.
I still need new undies.
Car is filled with gas.

And now this…

These were all secured because Discipline was achieved in my trades.
Valhalla will help you develop discipline.
Listen to the gods here.
They care.

Especially Tedro, he’s the best.

Yo Danny! You suck!

5 Likes

Underwear is second to childhood memories :pepepray:

Congrats buddy!

did you use the CC points to get the tix?

Thanks, Sucky and @TheMadBeaker !

@internetkings nope, I was spending so much since 2 months ago, that 2 of my cards actually x2 their credit limit this week. Easy purchase, and I’m trying to pay it now, but I’m told I am going beyond my payments (since remaining balances are zero).
LMAO

I am now forced to wait, before I’m allowed to pay again.

Been there - wait until they accuse you of money laundering lol - I had to open a new checking account just to transfer funds to schedule payments. Though AMEX - doesn’t seem to care how often I pay or how much over.

Wow. That’s dark.

Jiminy crickets…

I’ll start at 370.

This.

Taking a long hiatus, away from social media, including discord and other trading channels.
The longer the better–it’s an annual thing for me, and I’m way overdue.
Will keep trading of course, strangles on SPY mostly.

Latest trade was documented here:

Latest market input was logged here:

Closing this thread today.
If I’m not back in 2months, best to archive it for good to save space and clutter.

I insist you listen to the admins/gods here, don’t inverse them, rather learn from them.
Kindly respect the mods/demis, there’s no guide for us, so we’re just trying to our best to keep things in order.
Stick to discussions of trading, best to treat all other convos as entertainment.

Valhalla is a great place to learn from and trade with.

Yo! Fuck you Danny.

rexxxar signing out <3

10 Likes