$BBAI - Backstop Agreement Buyback - March 7 Catalyst

Ticker: BBAI
Catalyst: Backstop Agreement Buyback - March 7th (90 days after Business Combination)
Current Share Price: $ 5.10.

BBAI has been covered before in here: $BBAI (Could be SPACial)

I’ve seen a couple of comments on Reddit and Twitter (relatively low key). In short:

Need some smart eyes on this to see if it checks out.

BigBear.ai and GigCapital4 Enter Into $75 Million Backstop Agreement With AE Industrial Partners to Support the Continued Growth of the Business :: BigBear.ai Holdings, Inc. (BBAI)

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1836981/000119312522034624/d271170ds1a.htm#rom271170_4

It’s looking like it double bottomed at 4.45.

Momentum indicators are trending upwards and it’s consolidating. Might be in for a pop, not sure it’s worth this company with the state of the market and all the big names down 5-10-20+%s.

I am debating going in with shares with an stop loss at 4.10 range.

Update: Since I last posted the stock price has gained >20%, so you would’ve been up pretty green on options. Volume has also picked significantly compared to avg volume (see last couple of days). Could be due to SPY’s bull run…

$BBAI has made the rounds on reddit (r/shortsqueeze etc.) this weekend, albeit has gained little traction.

DD linked here

Extract from DD

8-K
13G

The chain is looking good albeit ITM c’s is next to none. Might see a continued build-up this week

Need you lot to rip into this. How the author sees it is 1) the stock running to $10 by March 7th (or there abouts), or 2) staying below $10.15 and a resultant lower float (1.1m)

1 Like

Update: Stock price went up 14% on the day with main price action near EOD (3pm onwards). Gutted I forgot about keeping an eye on this one. Volume is also picking up.

Still haven’t got a position - will likely tomorrow.

3 Likes

Update: BBAI finished the day up 11%, with meaningful price action and volume coming in again at EOD.

Grabbed a handful of 18/3 7.5c and 10c’s around mid-day. Slightly green.

1 Like

BBAI finished on Friday up ~4% ($7.75) and reached an intraday high of $8.19 near EOD.

Movement these past couple of days have not been SPY correlated. Maybe retailing pumping? However it hasn’t gained much traction on the sub-reddits as of late (may need to check elsewhere discord, twitter etc). Might be a Russian-Ukraine sentiment play… Or maybe the catalyst does check out. …

The company itself is in the AI space and interfaces with the National Defense and Intelligence communities (clients). I haven’t read too much into the financials and fundamentals.

Sold off my positions at EOD and might re-enter on Monday.

3 Likes

Quick update. BBAI finished up 24%. :slight_smile: . Congrats to all who got in on this over the last couple of days.

Update: Earnings this week on the 17th March.

SI update:

Might be worth to keep an eye on this week.

1 Like

After days thinking i get lucky to buy today, i think this dip is a great opportunity

1 Like

https://www.reddit.com/r/lowfloatdespac/comments/ttq28i/updated_bbai_numbers/

https://twitter.com/SPACMAN17/status/1509863066854432771?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1509870190560899072|twgr^|twcon^s3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2Fttq28i%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

Short shares ~900k

Handle forming on the daily.

Assuming the above to be true (i.e. public float = ~ 1m), the Options chain is kinda good for 18/4

Price is up ~16% premarket. Lets see what the day brings.

1 Like

CTB 360%, looking to see if the pattern of stocks with high CTB runs in similarity to SST and BEEM, AMC and GME also did see some small increases (7% from 1.4%).

2 Likes

Well…BBAI is running a bit, this for me confirms CTB plays a huge role in predicting these types of runs. Might be a key reference data point for future plays.

I understand that BBAI was tweeted and possibly caught the attention of 5rivers, but for me this seems to be yet another confirmation that CTB and ConqDTC combination is a huge predictor. I’ll wait for this to fail.

So is the idea that shorts covering is what is moving it? I get that the CTB is high but isn’t the short position too small ? Given that its a low float, I think its more of a sympathy play or its just getting pumped.

Maybe shorts covering plus combination of some delta hedging. The OI on the 10c was 6K+, which represents 60%+ of the float if the float is truly ~1M.

2 Likes

I have no solid thesis I’m not claiming causation, I’m seeing correlation here. I’m imagining a somewhat regressional relationship with several data points and resulting price movement within a certain time frame.

1 Like

Ticker is really doing the rounds on reddit tonight, wouldn’t be surprised to see a sympathy pump tomorrow morning

1 Like

I warned when i bought at 6, i’m seeing 15 today

Options chain update: